Dad And Seven Children Dead From Carbon Monoxide
( 4UMF NEWS ) Dad And Seven Children Dead From Carbon Monoxide:
A Maryland man and his seven kids were found dead in their home Monday, likely after a generator, used to keep the struggling family warm while their power was cut off, leaked carbon monoxide, the man's stepfather said.
Princess Anne police discovered Rodney Todd, 36, and his kids, ranging in age from 6 to 13, at about 1 p.m., Todd's relatives said.
Todd's mother, Bonnie Edwards, ID'd the children as boys Cameron Todd, 13, and Zycheim Todd, 7; and girls Tynijuiza Todd, 15; Tykira Todd, 12; Tybree Todd, 10; Tyania Todd, 9; and Tybria Todd, 6.
“It was disbelief. It's so hard,” stepfather Lloyd Edwards said of hearing about the tragedy. ”He was an outstanding dad...To keep his seven children warm, he bought a generator, and the carbon monoxide consumed them."
Lloyd Edwards, said the power company shut the electricity off because of an outstanding bill and the father used a generator — which ran out of gasoline.
Money was usually tight for Todd, a utility worker at the nearby University of Maryland Eastern Shore, his family said. He struggled to buy birthday gifts for his children but always made sure to get them birthday cakes.
“I don’t know anyone his age who would have done what he did for his children," Bonnie Edwards said. “I was so proud to say he took care of seven kids.”
His supervisor, Stephanie Wells, said she filed a missing person report with police because she hadn't seen Todd since March 28. She knocked on his door Monday morning and no one answered, she said.
"He was a good person," Wells said. "He always did what he was told."
Investigators don’t suspect foul play, police said. The house was secure, and there was nothing out of place when detectives forced their way inside.
Delmarva Power spokesman Matt Likovich declined to say whether the company shut off Todd's power but said it was investigating.
People gathered near the home as the crushing news began to spread through the small town on Maryland’s Eastern Shore.
“Our community, our county needs your prayers,” Somerset County schools superintendent John Gaddis posted on Twitter.
Xscape Lands Their Own Show
25-Year-Old Dies After Botched Plastic Surgery
Hole Torn In Plane’s Engine
Attorneys General To Sue President Trump
Bill Cosby’s Wife To Appear In Court Today
Man’s Severed Head Found On Porch
Winning Powerball Ticket Sold In CA
Nick Gordon Arrested
Dave Chappelle Donates $50,000 To Flint
- Xscape Lands Their Own Show
- 25-Year-Old Dies After Botched Plastic Surgery
- Hole Torn In Plane’s Engine
- Attorneys General To Sue President Trump
- Former NBA Player Sebastian Telfair Arrested On Gun Charges
- Bill Cosby’s Wife To Appear In Court Today
- Man’s Severed Head Found On Porch
- Winning Powerball Ticket Sold In CA
- Nick Gordon Arrested
- Dave Chappelle Donates $50,000 To Flint
- 4 The Missing
- 4UMF Exclusive
- 4UMF Sweepstakes
- Album/Mixtape Reviews
- American Colors
- Behind The Scenes
- Breaking News
- Business News
- Celebrity Blogger
- Consumer News
- Crime and Punishment
- Did You Know
- Entertainment News
- Fashion News
- Good In The Hood
- Guess Who
- Guys Guys Guys
- Health News
- Hip Hop Honeys
- In The Studio
- International News
- IV League
- Kush Chronicles
- Movie News
- Music News
- Music Videos
- On The Set
- Put On Blast
- Race Matters
- Reality Shows
- Red Carpet
- Red Handed
- Rumors Or Truth
- Seen On The Scene
- Shots Fired
- Sneaker Files
- Strange News
- Tech News
- Television News
- thats My Take On It
- The Scoop
- Top Ten
- Tough World
- Twitter Beef
- Video Games
- Video Throwback
- Watch It
- Weekly Gossip
- Word From The Streets