The U.S. Justice of Department is now investigating the shooting death of Trayvon Martin … meaning, if slapped with federal charges, George Zimmerman could face jail time — even after his not guilty verdict.
The DOJ issued a statement Sunday … revealing they are looking into the case, evaluating the evidence (including testimony from the State trial) — and will determine whether or not federal prosecutors should file criminal civil rights charges against Zimmerman.
Although, according to legal experts, it will be an uphill battle to prove in court that Zimmerman was motivated solely by race.
- George Zimmerman — Not Off the Hook (Maybe) … FEDS Could Prosecute (tmz.com)
- NOT GUILTY George Zimmerman Acquitted (nwigazette.wordpress.com)
- Holder faces big decision on DOJ charges against Zimmerman (thehill.com)
- Obama To File Civil Rights Charges Against George Zimmerman? (92q.com)
- Al Sharpton: We’ll call on the DOJ to investigate Zimmerman case (therightscoop.com)