updated 3:51 PM UTC, Dec 6, 2016

Restaurant Owner Guilty Of Manslaughter After Man Dies From Allergy

Restaurant Owner Guilty Of Manslaughter After Man Dies From Allergy

( 4UMF NEWS ) Restaurant Owner Guilty Of Manslaughter After Man Dies From Allergy:

The reckless behavior of a restaurateur just put him in jail.

Mohammed Zaman, 53, was cutting corners with his Tikka Masala recipe by replacing almond powder with a cheaper ground nut mix containing peanuts and leading to severe allergic reactions and was sentenced to six years in jail on Monday.

The cheapskate’s decision led to the death of 38-year-old Paul Wilson, a bar manager, who suffered from anaphylactic shock after eating his takeout meal.

North Yorkshire Police stated that Wilson’s container was clearly labeled “no nuts.” Wilson was found dead in his bathroom hours later with the half-eaten tikka masala from Indian Garden left out on the table.

Family kicked off Allegiant flight over toddler’s peanut allergy
“I welcome the court’s verdict which has found Mr Zaman responsible for Paul Wilson’s death. However, no verdict can bring Paul back, or undo the devastation caused to his family,” Detective Shaun Page said in a release.

His parents said they learned of his allergy when Wilson was just 7.

“That made us more aware of food products and their ingredients, even items which stated ‘may contain nuts’ were never purchased,” his parents Margaret and Keith said in a statement.

“The death of our only son Paul… shattered our world and we are still struggling to come to terms with his death.”

Zaman, a father of four children, denied his responsibility in Wilson’s death, but just three weeks prior, a 16-year-old girl Ruby Scott also nearly died after eating curry from one of the restaurants.

Judge Simon Bourne-Arton said Zaman remained “in complete and utter denial.”

“He, like you, worked in the catering trade,” the judge said. “He, unlike you, was a careful man.”

Source

Tagged under

Apologies, but no related posts were found.