Officer Slams Pregnant Woman Into The Ground
The video shows the pregnant woman intervening in her son’s arrest early Saturday in Sunset Park. Cops grab her and slam her to the pavement, belly first.
They then shoved a friend of the pregnant woman to the ground when she tries to approach.
Police sources said that while cops from the 72nd Precinct were trying to apprehend a 17-year-old man in possession of a knife, several of his family members tried to intervene.
“Oh, my God, she’s pregnant,” one onlooker says in the video.
Members of the community watch group that posted the video on Facebook said that the police used excessive force on the pregnant woman.
The Facebook page for El Grito De Sunset Park was filled with outrage.
“It’s inhumane to be treated like your a f–king animal,” Jasmine Alexander wrote.
The station said the woman claimed police were harassing her son.
“What we see is a woman who’s trying to protect her son, who is being stopped and frisked by police,” Flores told WABC. “And she became a victim. Slammed onto the floor.”
Police sources said that in addition to possession of a weapon, the 17-year-old youth was charged with resisting arrest and harassment.
Two other men were charged with assault and resisting arrest, according to the sources.
One of the women was issued a summons for disorderly conduct, but it wasn’t clear if the pregnant woman was charged, the sources said.
The incident occurred just one week after another cop from the same precinct was suspended for kicking a street vendor in an incident that also was caught on video.
- Pregnant woman slammed into ground by police, caught on camera (7online.com)
- Watchdog Group: Officer Seen Throwing Pregnant Woman To Ground In Sunset Park (newyork.cbslocal.com)
Ligula in sociosqu feugiat porttitor
Non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia
Omnis iste natus error sit voluptatem
Ac dui eu nibh feugiat viverra
Enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud
Quis nostrud exercitation ullamco
Top Reality Star Has AIDS
Culpa qui officia deserunt mollit
Elementum lorem sed elit vehicula sit
Matt Barnes Expected To Be Charged In Nightclub Brawl
- Flyers Encourage Blacks To Snitch On Undocumented Neighbors
- Immigration Agents Arrest Three Workers After Eating At Michigan Restaurant
- Drug Counselors At Addiction Facility Overdose
- Body-Slamming GOP Candidate Wins Special Election
- Children Flee Burning RV After Deadly Police Chase
- LeBron James Breaks Michael Jordan’s Record
- Woman Arrested For Assaulting Ex With Pork Fried Rice
- Alan Thicke Warned About Health
- Nicki Minaj To Perform At NBA Awards
- The Notorious B.I.G. And Tupac Documentaries Are Coming To A&E
- 4 The Missing
- 4UMF Exclusive
- 4UMF Sweepstakes
- Album/Mixtape Reviews
- American Colors
- Behind The Scenes
- Breaking News
- Business News
- Celebrity Blogger
- Consumer News
- Crime and Punishment
- Did You Know
- Entertainment News
- Fashion News
- Good In The Hood
- Guess Who
- Guys Guys Guys
- Health News
- Hip Hop Honeys
- In The Studio
- International News
- IV League
- Kush Chronicles
- Movie News
- Music News
- Music Videos
- On The Set
- Put On Blast
- Race Matters
- Reality Shows
- Red Carpet
- Red Handed
- Rumors Or Truth
- Seen On The Scene
- Shots Fired
- Sneaker Files
- Strange News
- Tech News
- Television News
- thats My Take On It
- The Scoop
- Top Ten
- Tough World
- Twitter Beef
- Video Games
- Video Throwback
- Watch It
- Weekly Gossip
- Word From The Streets