( 4UMF NEWS ) Suge Knight Sues Chris Brown For Club Shooting:
Jailed rap mogul Suge Knight sued embattled R&B star Chris Brown, singer Pia Mia and the owners of 1Oak nightclub Monday after he was shot seven times at a party almost two years ago.
The founder of Death Row Records filed the lawsuit in Los Angeles as he awaits trial on charges he mowed down two men outside a Compton burger stand last year, killing one of them.
Knight, 51, claims in his filing that Brown, 27, “was a known gang associate with a history of violence and had a well-documented track record of hosting events (and) parties in which violence frequently erupted.”
The former hip hop heavyweight claims Brown and his co-defendants acted negligently when they hosted Brown’s unofficial pre-MTV VMA Awards event at the West Hollywood hotspot in August 2014 and failed to screen attendees for firearms.
Knight was shot in the torso, chest and left forearm and somehow managed to stagger outside before paramedics rushed him to a nearby hospital.
He has claimed during numerous court appearances for his pending murder case that complications related to the shooting continue to plague him and threaten his overall health.
His lawyers also have argued the shooting left Knight in a fragile state of mind and caused him to believe he was under an armed assault when he fought with Cle “Bone” Sloan outside Tam’s Burgers in January 2015, hit the gas and killed Terry Carter with his Ford Raptor truck.
Knight’s Monday lawsuit does not reference the Tam’s incident. It does claim he was “unarmed and unaware that the defendants allowed individuals to enter the property carrying weapons” in August 2014.
“All defendants willfully and maliciously failed to warn plaintiff of the dangerous condition within the subject premises as a result of inadequate security measures and screening for weapons of all entrants,” the filing by Knight’s lawyer Jamal Tooson states.
“As a foreseeable result, gunshots were fired by those admitted into the event and (Knight) was shot and seriously injured,” it says.
Reached Monday by the Daily News, Tooson declined to comment.
Attempts to reach Brown’s longtime lawyer Mark Geragos were not immediately successful.
Knight’s new lawsuit does not discuss the alleged identity of his assailant, but a prior criminal court filing by one of his other defense lawyers pointed the finger at a man identified only as “Tee-Money” as well as an off-duty Los Angeles County Sheriff’s deputy.
Defense lawyer Thaddeus Culpepper claimed in April that “Tee-Money” confessed he pulled the trigger and that surveillance video showed the off-duty deputy letting him into 1Oak with a gun.
According to Culpepper, the deputy was later seen at LAX airport helping the gunman flee the country.
The lawyer claimed a “massive scandal and cover-up” ensued, with sheriff’s officials cracking down on Knight’s jail privileges and releasing little information about their investigation into the nightclub shooting.
A law enforcement source scoffed at the claims and said Knight alone was to blame for his stringent jail conditions.